Sunday, November 14, 2010

TWO Games

I'm back with not one, but TWO games. Well, that's because I'm posting really, really, really, really late but anyway.

November 7th
Hawks vs. Wizards
Final Score:
Hawks ???-Wizards ???

November 14th
Hawks vs. Grizzlies
Final Score:
Hawks 34-Grizzlies 38

I am really sorry about November 7th because I've forgotten the score because it was so long ago. I guess from now on I'll write down the score the second the game is over, even if I won't be writing yet. All I can say is this: we lost. We didn't just lose, we lost by a lot. And when I say a lot, I mean A LOT. At the end of the first half I think we were something like 20-6. We did better in the second half at least, almost playing them equally. We were still nowhere near them but if you just count the second half we didn't lose by a lot.

The November 14th game was by far the most exciting of the year. We were rebounding much, much better and we took more shots, played better defense etc. I scored three baskets. The first was almost a perfect shot, being from right on the block. It hit the corner of the backboard and went in. My second shot was at an odd angle. It was at about 10 degrees from their baseline. That's a spot where it's hard to knock it off the backboard but is still hard to swish.  My third was in the second half, and the shot a bit further out then the first, but pretty similar.

At the end of the first half, we were winning 20-16. I don't really know what we did wrong in the second half. In the first half we out rebounded them by a fair bit. In the second half this wasn't the case at all. They had some really tall players. Overall we played well.

Upcoming game:
November 21st
Hawks vs. Magic


Upcoming game:
November 21st
Hawks vs. Heat

 Note: The poll for the game will be posted when I hear who we are playing.

EDIT: It turns out we have two games this week.

5 comments:

  1. Are the Hawks the school team or is it part of an organization out of school?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a favourite NBA basketball player? ...or a favourite NBA team? An other idea for your blog could be to do a post on one of these topics... Just a thought :)

    p.s. I admire Steve Nash so I guess I would go for the Phoenix Suns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Jade

    The Hawks are NOT a school team. They are just a team in the league.

    @Mme Miles

    For a team I'd say the Celtics but I like Steve Nash. I don't watch the NBA games much though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Mitchell why is the blog caled DL basketball the DL basketball season is over?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Mac

    'Cause I go to Dorothy Lynas. End of story.

    ReplyDelete